The opportunities possible from embarking on a career in the 3D Design industry are as dynamic, creative and exciting as the diversity of human need. The course includes studies in 3D Design, architectural/spatial design, product design, furniture design and stage and exhibition design – directly relevant to the changing needs of employment and the design industry.
The Programme of study is designed to be intellectually and creatively challenging and incorporates a number of teaching strategies ranging from lectures and seminars to studio demonstrations, group critiques, live projects and study visits. In Year 1 students will explore design methodologies including design development, refinement, realisation and contextualisation. Year 2 will focus on an in depth specialisation in one or more disciplines.
• Live projects – commercial/domestic design
• Broad experience of a number of 3D disciplines leading to a variety of 3D careers options.
• BA (Hons) 3D Design (1 year top up subject to validation)
• Specialist design studios
• Dedicated computer resources/specialist CAD software
• Product Library
• Grove Library
• Access to specialist equipment relevant to discipline
• Access to Innovative Technology Centres ‘Wow’ Academy – this exciting new facility employs cutting edge technology to maximise the potential of digital and creative media.
Teaching and Expertise
Our Course Team is made up of highly skilled professional practising staff with a breadth of experience across all disciplines.
Throughout the programme students will be involved in study visits to Europe and within the UK to help broaden and enrich their experience.
Students may progress to a 1 year BA (Hons) top up degree (subject to validation). This course provides a path into a broad spectrum of design careers and students have progressed into employment in interior/architectural design, product design, exhibition/museum design and furniture design.
What we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals with a passion for design, who can exhibit this with a portfolio that shows a creative, experimental and exciting body of work.
This is your opportunity to join to one of the most innovative and exciting courses in the UK. For more information contact the Student Information Desk on 01274 438998.