These two qualifications are very popular modern programmes opening up the fascinating and diverse world of Make-up Artistry and associated Special Make-up Effects!
The Foundation Degree is a packed full-time, two year programme of study which can be followed by the new third year top up BA (hons) qualification available to those wishing to gain a full degree.
Each of the specialist areas within the Make–up and Special Make-up Effects industry are covered giving learners a chance to learn the tricks of the trade and gain a broad experience across this respected , highly competitive and demanding genre of professions.
Areas studied include make-up for; film, television (including High Definition), theatre, print, catwalk, editorial and bridal etc.
• Casualty simulation, historical/fashion make-up, air-brushing, postiche work, sculpting, casting, laminating, prosthetic manufacture and application, creature design and fabrication all using the latest materials and techniques in addition to traditional methods.
• Students learn basic hairstyling, photography, digital manipulation of images, script and character breakdown, continuity, product development and portfolio building.
• Professional working practices and Health and Safety are embedded in each module of both qualifications
• The modules of the course are delivered by passionate, dedicated and experienced current industry professionals and academics, ensuring development of essential practical, written, key and transferable skills.
• A wide range of national educational visits are included in the programme.
These are upbeat dynamic courses constantly changing to meet the needs of industry!
Prospective students will be required to be highly motivated individuals with a burning passion for this subject .Reliability, punctuality and the ability to meet tight deadlines is also essential. Work-based learning is an integral part of the Foundation Degree requiring flexibility from learners which will involve some weekend and evening work at short notice.
For further information visit the college website artdesign.bradfordcollege.ac.uk or contact the Student Information Desk on 01274 438998.